Premium Bonds - Which Countries?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
On a recent holiday to Southern Ireland via visiting the local Post office to send some Post Cards , I found myself inspecting a leaflet advertising the Irish version of Premium Bonds.

So after a little bit of paperwork and for the minimum investment of £25.00 ( 4 units ) I am now a holder of Irish premium bonds , so a sort of eternal lottery ticket of sorts.

Now this has set me thinking , how many EU countries possess a Premium Bond type investment system and how many of these are open to foreign nationals? ( not any reason I can think of why there should be I had just expected to be stopped at that point on the paperwork. )

As we have a mix of people from across the UK and further field please chip in if :-

1) Your Country Has a premium Bond Competition

2) Do you know if Non-nationals are allowed to apply

Looking forward to hearing your responses. Many Thanks I advance.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
The dutch have something akin to premium bonds as I recall. Expensive though when I lived there I only knew 1 person that had any

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Never had a win in 50yrs, I now have a couple of hundred pounds worth, but then I've never had a win on the lottery either & I can cash in the p/b's

Rob

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My Uncles get wins often but only small

They each have the full amount though.

I think its keeping up with inflation...Who knows? they may win big one day

(Which countries offer the best odds?)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Himself and Son2 both have a stash of them, and like Tengu's Uncles they win small and often. They reckon it's as least as good as interest on a bank account.
£50 and £100's not to be sneezed at though :)

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE