Pregnant women and edibles?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MrAndyBear157

Apr 30, 2020
Dorset
Are there any risks that anyone is aware of for pregnant woman eating any British edibles? I was picking and eating Gorse yesterday, but not sure if it was safe for my SO to eat...

many thanks

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
To be honest there is a huge list of UK plants that are not advised for pregnant women because of the medicinal constituents; you really need to look each up carefully before consuming it. Having said that, most of the warnings are about taking the plant as a herbal medicine over a reasonable period of time so you will have to apply your own judgement on that.

Reactions: MrAndyBear157

MrAndyBear157

Apr 30, 2020
Dorset
To be honest there is a huge list of UK plants that are not advised for pregnant women because of the medicinal constituents; you really need to look each up carefully before consuming it. Having said that, most of the warnings are about taking the plant as a herbal medicine over a reasonable period of time so you will have to apply your own judgement on that.
Ah cool thanks, I shall do some research. Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE