Predator revisited

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So I recently received a predator 45 for a very good price from a member here
it replaces one that i lost to rats
:AR15firin
so i happily have refilled it for this weekend when myself, i camp @ butlins and teepee are having an overnighter up the permission
as its always fun for folk to look at others kit i thought i would share my kit and my thinkings on why i have chosen these bits
PB130002.jpg

Warmth/Clothing

merino and possum fur beanie, czech army headover, leather goretex gloves, swazi fleece hoody thats all the warm items i have to put on when stationary at camp mmmmm cozy

Bedding

Tog rated heat holder socks (2.3tog to be precise) Fleece pillow slip thingy from kepis from this parish
Woodlore Osprey sleeping bag, Army goretex bivi bag, Cheapo inflating mat, thats all my bedding/sleeping items apart from a CCF roll mat which is hopefully arriving beore we leave saturday morning

Sharps
-Condor Kephart, Gransfors Bruks outdoor axe, Mora classic, Bow saw from ebay, pocket knife-Buck Canoe, Thats it nowt excessive wouldn't have two fixed blades were it not for the fact i'm playing with the Kephart to write a review on it

Comforts-
One tin containing pipe, three types of pipe tobacco-Peterson's Season special 2011 and 2012 and a Peterson's special reserve 2012 , Hip Flask of Stag's Breath :)(well i ain't roughing it)

toilet kit
-loo roll and hand sanitiser

Possibles Pouch containing-dried yarrow, cylumes,back up head torch, compass and First Field Dressing

First Aid Kit-green cotton pouch with leather cross on it-loads in here ain't gonna list it here

Cooking/eating/water
Honey Stove
Eagle kettle
Crusader mess tin
Trangia meths burner
stored in leather pouch to stop irritating rattle (i store it inside the kettle)
titanium spork, titanium foon and a tea spoon
58 pat water bottle and crusader cup
guyot water bottle with tatonka stainless steel mug- i know two mugs but the crusader is meant more as a mini billy can

Brew kit/grub stuff
brew kit items-sweetner, instant tea, double choca mocha coffe, rat pack hot choc and added since the photo whittards of chelsea instant turkish apple tea (yes its all a little la di da but a decent selection of brews prevents you from choosing not to drink and dehydrating)
Condiments in take away box-soya sauce, Worcester sauce, salt and pepper and Tabasco sauce and cooking oil

Shelter

58 pat poncho roll with two dutch poncho's and a space blanket tarp in it

Tinder pouch
IPK cord and Paracord-doubled up here as a mate needs some for his new tarp
Wet Wipes

Israeli First Field Dressing

And thats it
all i need to add is-handwarmers, food the KFS set and balaclava i ordered today, water in the bottles and a small bottle of meths

plenty of room :)
PB130003.jpg

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Looks quality mate!!!
Have a great time!!!
Damn that teepee bloke gets about!!!!
He is a bushcraft equivalent of a ........
Lol!!

Cheers
Steve

Leave only footprints take only memories

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Have a good un :thumbup: what abaht a spare lighter or mTches for your pipe and burning your lio roll ?

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Having mooched upto my permission last saturday carrying this and a couple of extra bits i need to reassess the load and my own health.
i was absolutely drenched in sweat by the time i got there soaked right through my baselayer and shirt which isnt a good thing in winter times....more news as it happens

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
How did you go about fixing the extra pouches/pockets onto the front?

I've fixed mine on by simply using the zips on the two side pouches furthest from your back and zipping them to the extra pouch on the back. Hope that makes sense to you?
Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE