Powdered Egg?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thorfinn

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
West Lothian
Hay folks,

Just a quick question. I have been using goose eggs in my backwood cooking and i'm feed up of opening the packing and finding all but one unbroken. :(

So heres the question; I've been looking for powdered egg for a long time. I've tried ASDA, Holland and Barrat and no luck. I can find powbered milk easy enough but can't find the egg.

Any help will be nice.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Toddy said:
The 1940's Society also sells it, see the bottom of the page on this link.

http://www.1940.co.uk/acatalog/Miscellaneous.html

Cheers,
Toddy

p.s. try "powdered egg" on ebay too
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EGG-POWDER-PO...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmm, none of my business but the product detail states: " This packet does NOT contain dried egg. It is a reproduction of a wartime packet for display purposes." (The capital letters isn't my interpretation). I know that looks are important, but there has to be a limit somewhere.. :D

nooky

Nomad
Oct 26, 2005
Watton, Norfolk
big_swede said:
Hmm, none of my business but the product detail states: " This packet does NOT contain dried egg. It is a reproduction of a wartime packet for display purposes." (The capital letters isn't my interpretation). I know that looks are important, but there has to be a limit somewhere.. :D

That is quoted on the lower box of dried egg which is a display box but the item above it, the tube type container does contain real dried eggs. It just has a reproduction wartime label over the modern label. :)

Reactions: big_swede

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
nooky said:
That is quoted on the lower box of dried egg which is a display box but the item above it, the tube type container does contain real dried eggs. It just has a reproduction wartime label over the modern label. :)

Ouch! Got me! Hmm, have to start reading more thorough! Sorry Toddy!

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
posted this selfsame question last year... after lots of looking around I found it at Tesco's on the baking section. Be aware that not all Tesco's carry it, only the larger stores. It's a couple of quid for acontainer that's equal to 20 eggs IIRC.... at last something good about Tesco! :)

PS how do you manage to break your goose eggs, I've always considered them bombproof [especially after seeing Mr Mears roast them last week!]

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I find powdered egg terrible!
To transport fresh eggs for use over a long weekend (no more) just break the eggs into a nalgene (not your pee bottle!) and your eggs are not going to break accidentally, you can use as much or as little as you want at a time and you have no shells to dispose of! You then get eggs that taste like eggs.....

Thorfinn

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
West Lothian
i had packed them in a bit of toilet paper and well lets just say iwas on my way out the door and remembered to put my Gransfor SFA in my bag, ontop of the eggs. Doh! :(

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
Thorfinn said:
Hay folks,

Just a quick question. I have been using goose eggs in my backwood cooking and i'm feed up of opening the packing and finding all but one unbroken. :(

So heres the question; I've been looking for powdered egg for a long time. I've tried ASDA, Holland and Barrat and no luck. I can find powbered milk easy enough but can't find the egg.

Any help will be nice.

Just to let you know, I spotted powder egg in Tescos' last night priced at £1.94

John

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Pasteurised Spray-dried Whole Egg

There have been several posts on this forum from people wanting to obtain powdered eggs.

I've recently bought a 250g pack of Whole Egg powder (equal to 20 eggs) from www.internationalegg.co.uk who are a UK company based in Essex.
The product is excellent and after a minor glitch with my order, which was resolved in a very courteous and prompt fashion, I can recommend both the product and their customer service. Not particually cheap but I can't find them at any Tesco any more.

I should add that I have no connection with International Egg Products whatsoever.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE