Pot grippers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Just looking at what pot grippers you guys use.

Looking to add one to a hobo kit

Anyone made one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I use the little one from the Trangia mini set:
attachment.php

It's amazingly strong for something so light, and can lift most small to mid-size pots. I was suspicious of it at first, but 15 years of regular use later it still looks like new - come to think of it, it's probably my oldest bit of regular kit. Simple but very effective.

Attachments

• minitrangia(2).jpg
    minitrangia(2).jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 319
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I dont as i lost the ones from the mini trangia, broke the rubbish skeletonised ones that where a token offering that came with the very good coleman exponent pans, and my replacement aluminium ones wouldnt go over the pan. Handles attached all the way.

I quite like these though, tthey look universal, and like they will not damage the pots.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00..._UL115_SR115,115_&refRID=06YSPZ1FWMGAA1G76ZDW

Without a pot gripper a piece of cloth does hobo style

Last edited:

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
I just use a standard Trangia style pot grabber, seems to work on all my pots, I think I bought mine from Amazon.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Google 'silicon pot grapper', also comes with some GSI cook pots like the minimalist...

Different and more compact?

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I keep a cut down Trangia pot holder, small tongs for fliping Bacon or Sausage, a spoon,
a small grater and a Nutmeg and a Grants whiskey minature full of Olive Oil in the internal cup/plate of my Zebra 12cm billy
01_zpsbitzppxt.jpg~original

02_zpsld5squmw.jpg~original

under this a stainless steel meths stove and priming syringe inside a felt bag which sits inside a Heinz sponge pudding tin with church key canopener holes punched in this becomes the windshield billy holder
03_zpsc2zvfqqa.jpg~original

04_zpsd7ruvqqm.jpg~original

Duck egg in with hot oil dribbled on top
05_zpstw5ldy9l.jpg~original

grate some Nutmeg on, I usually take Nutmeg into the hills rather than Pepper, it's great on mashed Potatoes (Smash)
06_zpsalqblesc.jpg~original

full post http://teddytourteas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/zebra-billy.html

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
A half inch wide strip of 3 or 4 mm thick leather equal in length to the circumference of your largest pot / pan + 100 mm.....job done :)

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Google 'silicon pot grapper', also comes with some GSI cook pots like the minimalist...

Different and more compact?

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

I used the pot gripper that comes with the minimalist but you have to be careful where your hand is in relation to pouring hot water into your mug or bowl as you can get a steam burn if you're not careful.

MsSpy also encountered the same problem. You can see what I mean at around 2:20

[video=youtube;RSUcurtWp90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUcurtWp90[/video]

I now use the pliers from my MT or a sweat rag.

Last edited:

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
I have a light aluminium one from a Wilkinson's cheap camp set. It does the job nicely and was easily cut to fit my billy. The whole set was only £7.

Alex

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I liked the look of that so I ordered one... it's really very bulky and while i'm sure it will to do the job I'm not sure i'm going to take it anywhere because of its bulk.

Thanks for telling me, i wont bother with it then. It does look like it will be alot kinder to the sides of the pan when you compare it to a trangia one, as they have just two points that clasp the pot, usually damaging it if its aluminuim or non stick.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks for telling me, i wont bother with it then. It does look like it will be alot kinder to the sides of the pan when you compare it to a trangia one, as they have just two points that clasp the pot, usually damaging it if its aluminuim or non stick.

I have a few MSR pots that have chips all around the top from the pot lifter... I had great hopes for this and I bet it won't scratch pots at all but alas it looks like Fisher Price made it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE