Post office rant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Fifteen chuffin quid to send a book for next day !

Swmbo does most of my posting, I usually post by special delivery if an item is more than a days wage, or if it just costs a couple of quid more . I've had more stuff fail to meet the next day guarenteed time. I sent a coat to Scotland...parsel farse (its in the name) 48hrs....took over a week. Other stuff....days late...how can we continue with these crazy prices and sloppy services.....aaaaarrrrggghhh :banghead:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
The UK postal service is a shambles at times.

I've ordered stuff from the states and Switzerland - On both accounts the items were on UK soil within 48hours of me receiving an item dispatched email. Then it took 3 days to clear customs - that, I can see, a little long but no problem. Then it takes Royal Mail / Parcel Force 9 days to get in touch to tell me I how to pay the import charge then another 3 days to deliver after payment was made.

Another order -On UK soil after 48hours, 2 day customs clearance, UPS delivered the following day and took the import charge on my doorstep, easy!

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I live in a flat above shop so Post Lady has key for rear gates so she can deliver to flats.

No mail for 6 days which is strange as I had some swaps and stuff I'd bought on here from very reliable sellers. Popped in sorting office- its 250 yards away - Any problems with my post - No but took name and telephone number.

Next day bell rang postman with arm full of mail and parcels. Normally lady went off sick with key - they only have one ??? - but they would have collected it today anyway - SURE.

Still awaiting answer to letter of complaint

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
My day to day postie is fantastic, I have nothing but good words for him but the service as a whole is a farce. I am currently arguing the toss over a mysterious £13 fee added to a bag I imported, I knew customs was going to be added but why did they add £13 with no explanation? I asked at the counter they said admin charge... admin charge my ****.

Our postie is usually pretty good and since we live out in a rural area he will leave packages for us in the greenhouse instead of taking it back to the sorting office which is 10 miles away.
There would have been a post office about a mile from our house but it got shut down some years ago.

If any of the other delivery companies leave a note for me to pick it up after seeing my note for where to leave it I either get it rescheduled, if they can't deliver it when I am likely to be in then they can send it back as I refuse to do a 50mile round trip to collect it.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I always end up out of pocket when posting items!.....and 48hrs is crap,posted tuesday 48hr ,item arrives saturday:confused:

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
About the only postal company I have ever ever had perfect end to end service from is DPD, I am strongly considering only using them in future, when I send anything more than a letter.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Chris,
Yeah I choked at seeing the postage price on the book you'd sent me. Sorry you got stiffed so badly for a gift it on item. That's just taking the pi$$. Very much appreicated but don't do it again please, least not for anything you send me in future OK? I'm NEVER in that much of a rush for an item.

On a consolation note, the books looks great, my brother got to have a browse through it today too and wants toborrow it when I've read it.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
It was my fault for delay in posting:eek:
I saw you were coming home this weekend, and wanted to make sure you received it. Just wounded at price...1st class was going to be a tenner. It's not aimed at sending the book. Many items I've sold have ended up special delivery due to weight and it being an extra couple of quid.
I'm certainly going to look at other options for weighty items.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've had 2 parcels go adrift (one to me & one from me) this year, and it's looking like a third might be in the offing as I write. I remarked in a similar thread that I now send everything larger than a letter by recorded delivery. It was commented that this practise increases the postage; this is true but it also increases the chances of my parcels reaching their destinations.
I am keeping an eye out for a postie clad in natty wools.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE