Possibles Pouches - Where to buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I bought the odd item off these guys in my re-enactment days - not a bad range but not all of it is what I would class as hardy enough for bushcraft. And I remember one of my mates had a great deal of trouble with them over a seax sheath.

If you like the idea of this type of itme you might like to visit a re-enactors fair - here you can get raw materials as well as all manner of gear!

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
I don't think anyone has mentioned the Bison Bushcraft possibles pouch.

Pricey at £65, but beautifully made and the leather has a nice coarse grain to it. I keep mine in good condition with beeswax-based shoe protector lotion.

Bought mine at the last Wilderness Gathering. :)

Best wishes

Bruce

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Gary said:
I bought the odd item off these guys in my re-enactment days - not a bad range but not all of it is what I would class as hardy enough for bushcraft. And I remember one of my mates had a great deal of trouble with them over a seax sheath.

If you like the idea of this type of itme you might like to visit a re-enactors fair - here you can get raw materials as well as all manner of gear!
I'm not really interested in the swords etc, but there's a few bits and bobs like Leather thonging (no crude remarks please) for bowdrill cord and in the leather goods there's a nice little leather needle case for your sewing kit amongst a few other interesting bits and pieces. Does seem a bit on the expensive side though, but having said that it all looks like good quality handmade stuff so I suppose you expect to pay a bit more than factory produced tat
One of those Re enactors fairs might be worth a look. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Might go along to one next year - Cheers

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
No worries - biggest one is held in oxford usually around august - I'll give everyone the heads up nearer the time.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
There's also a very large re-enactors fair a couple of miles up the road from me at Herstmonceaux. I usually steer clear cos I know that I won't be able to keep clear from the market and that always ends up in a wallet emptying exercise :yikes:

But for the sake of the people on this site, I will keep my eyes open for it. I think it's usually over the August bank holiday.

Cheers,

Martin

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Shinobi,

I asked for it but wasn't expecting it as it's more than I would ask for from a friend and Eloise is already getting me a knife... but...

Eloise did get it for me!!! It's really really nice, well made, functional and truely a thing of beauty.

I love my girlfriend, she's great!

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Squidders said:
Eloise did get it for me!!! It's really really nice, well made, functional and truely a thing of beauty.

Excellent Squiders :biggthump

Michelle had a bit of trouble justifying the cost of mine when she bought it for me but then I opened her wardrobe and compared it to a couple of her handbags, that I know cost more than this pouch and started to pick out the flaws in them. She came round to my way of thinking !!

Enjoy your pouch and your knife :)

Martin

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Squidders said:
Hellz, ask for the Bearclaw one... I did
Shinobi said:
So did I. And I'm glad I did, it's a beauty
Well, I didn't ask for one as such, but my lovely girlfriend say I have one on the way!

:red:

Didn't make it for Xmas, but should be soon apparently! Excellent :biggthump

Thanks for all the comments... it's been very interesting :wink:

Hellz

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Georgina gave me a Bearclaw Possibles Pouch for a Christmas gift :hyper:

She also gave me the Ultimate Tinder Pouch, Flint n Steel and the Mora Knife (the one with the wooden red handle). :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE