Possibles Pouch.

pwb

Made myself a Possibles pouch, always fancied having one and there's also the task of filling it too :) .

DSC02218Small.jpg

Still working on what to put in it :D .

DSC02245Small.jpg

Made from 3-3.5mm veg tanned shoulder hide ( think that's 8oz US ) hand sewn with artificial sinew and the closures are Sam Browne studs.

The Sam Browne studs are great, very secure but also easy to open with one hand.

DSC02230Small.jpg
DSC02234Small.jpg

I couldn't resist the temptation of adding a couple of extra pouches :eek: to the front, one for a firesteel and the other is sized for a Victorinox Farmer but also fits 91mm Spartan and Tinker sized SAKs.

DSC02241Small.jpg
DSC02236Small.jpg

The main body of the pouch is approx 1 1/4" X 5 1/2" X 5" and the belt loops are 2 3/4".

I'm also working on a larger plain Possibles pouch , no front pockets, and plan on using a brass roll pin buckle on that one.

Thanks for looking and...

ATB,

Pete.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
Thats the nicest pouch that I have seen, Wonderful. So well balanced. I have thought about making a sheath for two penknifes for a while now but combining it with a pouch as well. Phew.

I will have to make myself one like that.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Great work.
I know its an old thread but this is exactly what I was thinking of making next, what is the best way of forming the body of the pouch?

pwb

Sorry only just noticed the thread.
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I got great help and info from Magikellys thread on making a pouch here :
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45601&p=581296#post581296

Make up a two part former and soak veg tanned leather in hand hot water and form over it , pretty easy and works great.

DSC03119Small.jpg

DSC03063Small.jpg

Also Ian Atkinson of Leodis Leather makes really great Vids on Y-T and has one on making a Poss Pouch very much worth watching ...and saving to favorites too.

[video=youtube_share;lGikTadTN64]http://youtu.be/lGikTadTN64[/video]

Pete.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE