Possible Alice pack mod.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have an Alice pack medium i think i only have the frame and the sack no straps or waistbelt.What can i do with it ,i thought of cutting it up and using the pouches to sew onto another pack ,any other ideas?

Last edited:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Buy some shoulder straps and use it. The medium can be used without the frame.

If you want to use the frame you'll need shoulder straps and a waist / kidney pad.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
The standard straps are not very comfy i hear ,and i was not wishing spend a lot on it ,Do you know of other straps that fit these?

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I think this maybe a large it has 6 pouches on the front.

If it has 3 large pouches low down and then 3 smaller pouches with a single popper closure higher up then it's a large Alice.

You have to use the frame with the large.... So you'd need shoulder straps and a waist / kidney pad for the frame.

Alice packs are funny old things you either like em or you don't. I had a large and my view was its not the most comfy pack when loaded up. On me the frame is short so no waist belt that I fitted would actually act to take weight off of my shoulders. The pack is designed to be worn with webbing etc. But it was simple, tough and low cost.

I have a medium currently and with a light day sack type loads it's fine to use.

There is a heap of info all over the web on Alice pack modifications and heaps of after market sellers selling upgraded shoulder straps waist pads etc...

An old 20 quid karrimor Jaguar off of the bay is probably a better load carrier In terms of comfort TBH.

HTH

john

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE