Possibility Bag/Pouch which Type

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am in a dilema now....

I like the Norse Bags that Hamish makes, and want to make one... but I am now getting into the kit used by the mountain Men... I blame Man of Tanith for it...

I am now not sure what type of Possibility Bag to make....

Please help me out here... and post pics of the ones you have

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As well as looking Norse, Hamish's pouches are very similar to the type of sporran/belt bag that Scots wore, and lot of them went out to the frontiers - some without choice. They would have used what they had and were used too. Not suddenly changed their whole outfit like Mr Ben. Different mountain men from different climes would have all added to the gear mix. So I recon you'd get away with it.

I doubt there was a mountain Man Vogue Magazine with "What must be worn this year."

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I agree with both of you, there probabley would have been many designs, as you say most went out with what they had, and used what they had, my thinking is seeing many types may bring to me one that I feel will fit the bill for me, and be the right one, I sure what ever I make will be correct.

I went to start this afternoon , and could not.. lol, I just got thinking what i would realy like myself rather then the lust factor, so seeing loads of images may put my choice to rest.

Ah ha another one for the I blame Sam list :).
Ive had wet formed hard possible pouches and made my own sporran style one.
Personally I find the soft leather of sporran allows a more tardis like effect allowing more items to fit in with less rattling(rattling drives me barmy)inI find that they are easier to keep on belt when sitting down and fenerally better than any the wet formed ones I have had in the past

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
... I blame Man of Tanith for it...

I use that statement a lot :)

I too want to make a sporran type pouch like Hamish's love the idea and design. And it should work well for the Boone challenge but also what ever other path you follow as its just a great item.

Main thing is post pics of whatever you go with :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE