Portable wood stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
At least give them a nod for marketing a simple idea that won't sit in a landfill :wink: I would be concerned with warpage and eventual burnout. This is a given with all the folding sheepherder/packer type stoves built here. I'd have to agree a recycled can makes better economic sense. Still, somebody might get one of these and turn into a bushcrafter.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I like the looks of it! I just ordered the mini. I really like the fact that it folds flat. I hope it does a decent job. I love using these small stoves for winter camping to do a quick lunch when snowshoeing. Great for day hike lunches anytime of the year. I doubt that it will burn much better than a coffee can stove but packability really appeals to me. I also hope it's not too heavy. The fact that it's stainless is another plus.

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
I have a small fold-up commercial wood stove I bought in some little outdoor shop. really compact,comes in belt case, works real good. I will try to find info on it and post some pictures, if any ones interested.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I use this one but I'm always on the lookout for something better.

pocketcooker1c.jpg

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
The principle is similar to the Kelly kettle. Drawing air up through a 'chimney' for a funnel effect and better burning. But looking at the photos especially the FIRE-SPOUT-100 model it looks dangerously unstable with a frying pan on top!

What I am looking for or probably to fabricate over the next few months is a wood burning stove which regulates the burn like a log burning stove. Enclosed and reasonably airtight when erected; control of air inlet; light, folding flat; reasonable size for fuel; some form of chimney to aid draw; option for flexible pipe to vent the smoke out away from the fire.

The idea is to produce a light, portable log stove which can use fule more efficiently than an open fire; can generate heat for a longer period ( overnight hopefully); acts as a fire box to prevent heat damage to the ground (leave no trace etc); ability to cook directly on it; option to attach small enclosed oven box on top for baking. Not much then :lol:

There are several small stove models but only ones I have seen are made in the USA and not easy to get in Europe.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE