Pondstore heads up - hobo stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
Hi Guys,

The Poundstores have a stainless steel cutlery drainer and stainless steel cocktail shaker available at the moment. Both fit together really well and make a great little hobo stove kit for £2

IMAG0064.jpg

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
I figured that the cocktail shaker comes apart into 3 parts; 1 1/2 pint pot, lid and once you remove the top cap you have a buit in strainer. Great for cooking vegetables or draining off your boil in the bag meals.

I plan on drilling out the main pot to add a handle from an old coat hanger or brake cable :)

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Nice one! I saw the very same two items in our Poundland and had the shaker in the drainer in the isle. It needs a cut-out to feed the flames but it will give quite a small space for fuel.

Possibly a small pepsi-can meths stove under there would work well?

I was with SWMBO and put mine down as I have more than one Woolies-type hobo already and it is difficult to explain why I need another... might buy one anyway though ;-)

Cheers,
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE