poncho

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hello I need your advise.
When I use my poncho of course raining :cool:, I have condensation problems under it really wet.
I use to wear it as open (sides untidy) to avoid that, but no very much improvement.
How do you manage this?
Thanks, enjoy.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I've found that having the polar liner helps a little ... not much though.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Forgot to add that wearing it loose round the neck with a scarf/buff helps because warm air rises and it takes some of the moisture with it ... although you're still going to feel it!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I think poncho's are the best thing since sliced bread.

The trick Orlando is to allow air ro flow under and around it - I usually wear mine over the top of my pack to this allows for go air flow and keeps the sack dry.

Of course if you ponchos old maybe its leaking too.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i agree ponchos are very comfy for rain, the condensation will disperse a little if you flap the sides a little but :roll: of course the enerygy used will cause more condensation!

easier option is to only use in pouring rain.
or when you are colder, or if not much activity like around camp.

and use a breathable pack a mac/anorak for longer active use.

another option is to fully proof the under garments like cottons and synthetics with the apropriate nikwax/grangers proofing liquid, this will give you more choice in the water proofing area!

but alas unless someone comes up with a goretex poncho(V unlikely) you will get condensation.

just be thankful we live in an age where you actually have options! :-|

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE