Poncho Identification - Help Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
IIRC, it's a Czech one, and is more a cape than a poncho; waterproof, windproof but heavy @ three and a half pounds though. Most people don't use these because you have to put your arms out through the slits in the side to be able to use them; they're also no good to cover a pack any bigger than a loaf of bread :)

Hi Macaroon. I looked at the Czech Poncho and it seems to have a sort of 'lizard neck' beneath the hood which this one doesn't.

Weight not such an issue (I hope) because if it is tough enough it's replacing my current waterproof jacket and tarp. I've used a lighter poncho but the wind keeps blowing it over my head so I thought I'd give a canvas one a try. For £18 it's worth a trip out or two to see how it fairs.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I seem to remember there are a few different Czech ones (as with all surplus), and you're right, they're certainly worth a try for that money; apart from anything else you'd still have some decent fabric to use for something else if you didn't get on with it, eh?

Let us know how you fare.....:)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Yeah, they do - I think the people in the link are selling the whole thing i.e. poles and two of these for 30-odd squid.

@ Macaroon - I'll certainly stick a post up when I have given it a road test. Thanks for the answers.

@ JAG009 - bungee cord belt is not a bad idea. Have you tried it? Does it affect the 'breathability' of the poncho (one of the things I really like about them).

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE