polymorph sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The last thing we made was a replacement clip for the back window of the car. The clip that holds the wee cord that lifts the parcel shelf up when the boot door is opened. It doesn't work because it bends when any load is placed on it.

Kydex 'clicks' securely when a knife it sheathed. Leather has a grippy texture on the close fitting inside of the sheath. Polymorph is smooth, and with any moisture is actually slippy.... I replaced a bottle lid with some and it's almost unopenable. Might be I just made too tidy a job of the lid though :dunno:

cheers,
Toddy

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
When its cured its pretty similar to nylon, I would say a no good for a sheath but could be used to make a sheath liner as its very tough.

ATB

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Its great stuff for making chisel covers to cover the ends of chisels when you lose the old one on site.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that its just really handy stuff to have anyway, get some and see how you get on with it and if you make something you don't like you can warm it up and make it into something else.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just realised how negative my posts sound on this stuff :eek:
I use it, we use it, and it is good stuff :approve:
I'm just not sure how secure a sheath it'd make, especially compared to kydex, that's all.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE