Polar 62 walnut and brass

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Having stated this project ages ago I had to get it finished before starting my next couple of knife jobs. The blade is a Polar 62, brass walnut a little what I believe is rosewood, and black fibre spacers.
There is a little work to do on it yet, a little polish here and there a strop to make it super sharp and some wax if I can find it.
I have three more of these to do later on, probably going with the same materials.
Hope you like the project as much as I do.

Polar62004.jpg

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Very nice i love to see brass used on knives one of my favorite materials for a knife but seems to have been replaced now by nickel silver

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the comments guys,especially from you two knife makers, HillBill and brancho, as I admire your work, this knife turned out pretty good, only thing that was not planned was, when clamping together and leaving to let the epoxy glue dry, Hugo didn't see a small gap on the spine of the knife where it meets the brass bolster, he ho not to worry it is still a good looker in my eyes.

Last edited:

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Beautiful knife there Amigo!
I love your wood combo with brass!
I feel an Apple wood and Bay handle on my mora 162 coming on!, or Walnut!..... got some left you see, and it's good quality walnut at that!!

Last edited:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Beautiful knife there Amigo!
I love your wood combo with brass!
I feel an Apple wood and Bay handle on my mora 162 coming on!, or Walnut!..... got some left you see, and it's good quality walnut at that!!

That's because I gave it to you mate, going to conserve it now as the pile is looking low
I have some box wood I want to use on a project along with walnut, might have a bit left over for a 106, still drying it out mind.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Hugo
To avoid bolster gaps like that its helpful to mark up the components to show which way they go together when gluing. then put the bolster in place before gluing. I also clamp and compress with this

A test fit of the stack by alf.branch, on Flickr

The bolster is not up against a stop as the blade is clamped securely

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks mate, going to make one of them there clamps as I have some vehicle suspension spring clamps to use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE