Pocket Stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geoffrey

Forager
Oct 3, 2004
Maine
Hi all, I have been looking all over for an older stove. Cabela's used to carry it. Called the Pocket Stove I think. It is a foldable wood stove. Folds to 4"x6"x1". Unfold it and you can burn wood, pine cones, etc...

Cannot find these online any ideas where to get them or a good alternative?

I don't like to carry alcohol fuel in my backpack, are esbit stoves worth the money of the fuel tabs?

Thanks.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
One of the forum members @ equipped recently posed the same question. The stoves are apparently made in Israel, but have been dropped or out of stock by all the usual sources. I don't know if this indicates a lack of sales or end of production. :?: I have an ESBIT. It is a classic bit of kit, but @ .25 USD a fuel tab a brew quickly becomes very expensive. I've relegated it to my survival kit and am also looking at an alternate stove using natural fuels.

leon-1

Geoffrey said:
Hi all, I have been looking all over for an older stove. Cabela's used to carry it. Called the Pocket Stove I think. It is a foldable wood stove. Folds to 4"x6"x1". Unfold it and you can burn wood, pine cones, etc...

Cannot find these online any ideas where to get them or a good alternative?

I don't like to carry alcohol fuel in my backpack, are esbit stoves worth the money of the fuel tabs?

Thanks.

Try Trek Direct, go through shop and then to outdoor cooking, the first item is called a pocket cooker and sounds pretty much what you are after :eek:):

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
nice site leon-1

thanks

i like the mini wok / stainless bowl thingie too

i always wondered why mess tins and billy cans had flat bottoms and hard to clean corners

now for some stir fried fresh foraged shrooms and ramen noodles

:lol:

Tant

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
For natural fuels - I've just got a metal can with holes punched in it. I stock it up with dry twigs to light and usualy have a few lumps of charcoal to get some slow burning embers. It does crumpets and toast really nicely if you stand it on top of them. Chestnuts, crayfish and crab apples got in the top ( it doesn't have to alliterate but it helps ).

If it's a wet day, I keep a few hexi tabs in reserve and as firelighters or in conjunction with a little U shaped metal stand that goes inside, as the main fuel.

I do have a kelly kettle - it's superb but way too big for me to carry on foot.
Realgar

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE