Pocket cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I have been asked about this a few times so i took a few pic's today to show how it works.

422_2245_1a.jpg
422_2261_1a.jpg

422_2249_1.jpg
422_2258_1.jpg

422_2251_1.jpg
422_2254_1.jpg

422_2257_1.jpg
415_1509_1c.jpg

Dimensions folded approx. : 16cm x 9.5cm x 2.5cm
Weight : 600g

rb

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
From previous threads i believe they where made in Israel but are no longer in production.
I got this one from Cabela's in the US quite a few years ago and they no longer list them.
Trek direct sold them but they still don't have any according to their site.
I did see a few for sale in an army surplus shop just before Christmas so it may be possible to pick one up as NOS if you shop around.

rb

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Thanks Rapidboy. I've looked into it and it seems that the EU, at least, are boycotting Amgazit, who are the makers in Israel. Something to do with the Gush Shalom ("Peace Bloc") boycott of Yesha products. :confused:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Thanx Rapid,
I found out the same as you, "no stocks". But its good to know that there might be a few knocking around the army surplus outlets - I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Cheers Buddy

Ogri the trog

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
My preference for a pocket cooker is the Crusader system.

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=cooking

This is designed to work with a metal mug (half litre) with the NATO 58 pattern water bottle.

The cooker is intended to use either hexamine or green gel as fuel but also works well with twigs etc.

Nice thing is that the mug sits on the water bottle, the bottle sits in the cooker and the whole thing and fits into a belt pouch. very neat.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
moduser said:
My preference for a pocket cooker is the Crusader system.

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/stock.php?page=cooking

This is designed to work with a metal mug (half litre) with the NATO 58 pattern water bottle.

The cooker is intended to use either hexamine or green gel as fuel but also works well with twigs etc.

Nice thing is that the mug sits on the water bottle, the bottle sits in the cooker and the whole thing and fits into a belt pouch. very neat.

I've got one of these on order at the moment. Gary - who is a member here - of bear claw bushcraft does them as a combined item here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE