Pocket chainsaw!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
Can take me off the old interested list as I bought one from ebay. Since then I have seen the British army version which is leaps and bounds better than the pocket chainsaw and would recommend people source one of those instead. Here is an MOD one.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Can take me off the old interested list as I bought one from ebay. Since then I have seen the British army version which is leaps and bounds better than the pocket chainsaw and would recommend people source one of those instead. Here is an MOD one.

You are probably right saffy about how decent your one is! But there's one problem, where can you get your hands on enough of these for a group buy? The Sabercut Saw is a very good pocket chainsaw and once I and others have tested the saw that I have (which is almost identical) this w/end we will be able to give the guys & girls on this forum a proper insight into it's worth and whether or not it is good enough and worth the cost for a group buy, so I would appreciate it if you would try and not undermine my efforts!

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
so I would appreciate it if you would try and not undermine my efforts!

Before you go off throwing dummy any more, you misread what I wrote and my intentions were not to pee on your group buy bonefire.
It *was* the sabercut chainsaw that I purchased off ebay from bankrupt stock after the last group buy effort went belly up. It's an okay, cheap emergency use tool.
What I said was I have SINCE SEEN the British army saw (of a friends). It is indeed much more durable, fit for purpose and makes the other look and feel like a toy, if there is a downside then it the fact it is larger than the sabercut and wraps into a much less compact circle. Both types are still pigs to use and take good deal of effort. I know which one will take the most abuse.
That ebay seller I linked has listed those army saws many times one after the other (check feedback) so he must have a supply of them. The "guys & girls" may now have an alternative if they wish to be individuals.
Cheers

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I wasn't throwing the dummy mate!
Your right to give everyone a different choice, maybe you should have put the saw down as your own thread.
Then there wouldn't have been any crossover !
Anyway enough of that I have just sent the seller of the MOD version a question to see whether or not they have enough for a group buy and if so how much they would cost inc P&P. Because as rightly stated they do look alot tougher! So watch this space.

Before you go off throwing dummy any more, you misread what I wrote and my intentions were not to pee on your group buy bonefire.
It *was* the sabercut chainsaw that I purchased off ebay from bankrupt stock after the last group buy effort went belly up. It's an okay, cheap emergency use tool.
What I said was I have SINCE SEEN the British army saw (of a friends). It is indeed much more durable, fit for purpose and makes the other look and feel like a toy, if there is a downside then it the fact it is larger than the sabercut and wraps into a much less compact circle. Both types are still pigs to use and take good deal of effort. I know which one will take the most abuse.
That ebay seller I linked has listed those army saws many times one after the other (check feedback) so he must have a supply of them. The "guys & girls" may now have an alternative if they wish to be individuals.
Cheers

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK I humbly stand corrected, I have just been contacted by the seller of the MOD pocket chainsaw that saffy showed us.
He can give us 20 saws at £10each I will then have to add the P&P which should be know more than £2.00

So please can I have a concensus from you as to which one you would prefer.

Either the Sabercut style saw which will be tested this w/end for £12 + P&P
or
The MoD Pocket Chainsaw for £10 + P&P, which I know nothing about but Saffy believes are better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE