PMs and New Posts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Does any one else find it frustrating that when they log in only to pickup PMs (private messages) then the New Posts register is activated. Therefore unless you look through all the new posts on that visit (and quickly too!) then you lose all the new posts.

Can it be fixed that "New Posts" register is only reset at the time you look at "New Posts". So if you come to do other things on the site then they are not lost to your view?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Can it be fixed that "New Posts" register is only reset at the time you look at "New Posts".
I like the idea of this aswell, but this really isn't something the BCUK team can do.... you really need to be addressing this questions to the vBulletin software writers.

:)
Ed

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
what about a search option that allows posts to be searched based on date / time? We could at least then manually input the date time we last checked new messages

just an idea
Steve

edit:just tried that using the advanced search, but it insists on having keywords entered.

also tried tomtom's link which works for 24 hours, but sometimes it's a couple of days before i can go through all the threads and catch up.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
what about a search option that allows posts to be searched based on date / time? We could at least then manually input the date time we last checked new messages
Again.... its not something the BCUK team can do.... BCUK uses vBulletin which is written by someone else. If you want features added like this to the forum then you really need to be talking to the writers of the software.

:)
Ed

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Well, I did go to the vBulletin web site and found I could joint their forum to discuss this suggestion. However, once I was registered I found I could only post a question by being a licensed user of vBulletin. So, at this point is seems I cannot ask the software writers - only a representative of BCUK. If I have got that wrong then please advise me.

So, could my question be put to vBulletin forum? Is it only Tony that can do that?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, I thought anyone could post...Maybe that's vBulletin.org rather than Com.

What you're after might even be in the latest version, I've not read through it all, far from it in fact. It might be worth you having a look on the .org site and seeing if there's any mention of it. Did you search on the .com site for answers to your questions? Someone might have asked it before and it's worth a look.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Yes such a feature was included in the 3.5 version so once you upgrade it will be possible to choose an option where a post will stay unread untill you physically click on it.

Reactions: Ed

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
ScottC said:
Yes such a feature was included in the 3.5 version so once you upgrade it will be possible to choose an option where a post will stay unread untill you physically click on it.

Now that would be useful :thanks:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE