PMR446 walkie talkies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
:nono: :slap:

Advertising your own products on BCUK is prohibited, even if they are covered with small military spots...

bushman (Instructor) said:
Look stop the talk and check out my advice give us a call and i can get you the best pmr 446 for £160 a pair military speck the works.

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Goose said:
the disney ones have the same range (if not better) and channel selection as the 5422s and the added advantage of a buzz lightyear call button :cool: .

I recently picked up an unused pair of them from eBay for £10 :D

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
bushman (Instructor) said:
Look stop the talk and check out my advice give us a call and i can get you the best pmr 446 for £160 a pair military speck the works.

Sorry dude, I know you're keen to sell me your Kenwoods but I've already bought those Cobra's from Maplin. £40 for a kit of 4, they take AAA batteries or rechargables (provided, recharge in 3 hours) and the useful range is reasonable.

They do have the odd niggly feature and the quality isn't a patch on my pal's Motorolas, but considering how much I'm going to use them, and what I need them for, I can cope with them not being up to Military spec.

Cheers,
Neil

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Does anybody notice a drop-off in range in the rain?

We were only a couple of hundred metres offshore one day and couldn't get through to some folk walking along the hillside in clear(if soggy) line-of sight.
It was chucking it down and the radio was tucked in my hood away from the rain. Was still a bit surprised that a call didn't even seem to get through.

Yours take AAAs ilovemybed? Mine have the right size compartment for four but don't have the metalwork along the bottom.
Old cheap pieces of last year's leftover junk....... :tapedshut
Ho, hum :) , the rechargables are still taking a charge.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Rain makes a difference at higher fequencies (hence weather radar), but, as far as I remember, should not be very significant at 446MHz. It might be detuning the antenna. Wiping it dry might help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE