Please teach me about glueing leather/wet and dry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Hi all

I have some small pieces of hardwood that I want to glue wet and dry to, but I would like to be able to remove the wet and dry when it is worn out. Can someone suggest a glue that would allow sticking and then removing please.

I also want to glue down some thin leather for a strop, recommendations for a glue to do this please.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I use Bison Universal to glue leather, and attach wet&dry to wood or foam mats with Pritt as it is easy to soak off when worn out :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Spray mount for the wet and dry, sticks well and reusable. Easy clean up too with meths.

I use an elastomeric sealant for the leather as I carry the stuff in my van.

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
Thanks all, plenty to choose from there :cool:

> as a photographer you probably already have some!
You'd think so but I have not made prints for 10 years or more. All my images are delivered digitally as they are usually for publication.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I just pin the wet and dry over the ends of the wood. Works and is easy to change. You dont need to glue it.

Strops/leather was to be more permanent. So use any strong bonding glue. I use evostick impact for leather.

gabrielo

Jul 29, 2012
germany
UHUpor is also a good idea if you want to just temporary fix two pieces together. Works well on leather as well as wood. Definately a thumbs up for this glue, don´t know if they sell it in the UK though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE