Plastic screw top

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, after a bit of list making and skirmishing around, I have got my new, ONE man, kitchen kit, pretty much sorted.

I was going to do without a kettle, though civilised living isnt easy without a kettle.

Then Dad found me this; it belonged to his late wife when she was fishing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304009666860

The neat thing about it, is the handle folds (unlike many modern kettles.)

And the neater thing is, I already have one. (in my big kitchen kit) So I know I get on with it.

Unfortunately it hasn't its screw top. (Dad said it had a whistle, which he cannot find and I dont really need.)

So I need a new lid.

How would I make one?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
The original would of been pressed steel, easy to lose & tricky to replicate. However the cap shown in Tengu's photo looks suspiciously like the screw top from 5L Motor-oil or Paraffin container.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
If you know someone with a metalworking lathe they should be able to turn something up for you. It does depend on what the thread is though. They would need tje kettle to measure and fit to as well.

I'd give it a go for you but I'm nowhere near you.

Fusty

Mar 17, 2011
North Wales
Well, after a bit of list making and skirmishing around, I have got my new, ONE man, kitchen kit, pretty much sorted.

I was going to do without a kettle, though civilised living isnt easy without a kettle.

And the neater thing is, I already have one. (in my big kitchen kit) So I know I get on with it.

Unfortunately it hasn't its screw top. (Dad said it had a whistle, which he cannot find and I dont really need.)

So I need a new lid.

How would I make one?
Would an end cap for pvc plumbing pipe fit?
Just a thought.

Limey Pete

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2021
pnom, penh

So I need a new lid.

How would I make one?
How about a big cork or a sink plug Tengu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE