Plastic crusader mugs

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Was wondering if anybody actually bothers carrying and using the black plastic mugs that sometimes come with the osprey bottles ?

I've got the usual stainless steel crusader mug too so thinking the plastic one is probably a waste of space, unless I boil water for a brew in the metal one and then transfer it to the plastic mug to free up the metal one for some more boiling/cooking ?

I have got a large swedish folding plastic kuksa/mug too so might be better using that instead as it's less cumbersome and rattley !!!

Cheers, Paul

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah I never bothered with my plastic one. Like you I use a folding kuksa as a 'companion' mug.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
I always use the plastic one since badly burning my lips and tip of my tongue on the steel one which I had brewed up in. I tested the rim first with my fingers which as it turns out, are made of asbestos and feel no pain

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
If out with the wife I carry both

That must be tiring :)

What with bailing out canoes and vodka & coke and stuff, just confirms that my suspicions were right about me just not being imaginative enough ! :)

Cheers, Paul

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Q.Q which water bottle should I be looking for the BCB crusader cup and cooker I have. I just want to be sure to get the one that fits and if anyone has a link for said bottle that would be great....

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
I usually carry it.
I tend to make tea and drink it from the plastic cup with the lid, while I make soup or something else in the metal cup. :)

That's interesting, the plastic lid I've got doesn't fit the plastic mug, only the metal mug which is a shame.

Cheers, Paul

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Worth carrying for drinks/food whilst you cook other things in your Crusader mug or if someone drops in for a coffee; they don't weigh a back braking amount or take up any room so if you still have them, take them...or not, its up to you.

Worth carrying for drinks/food whilst you cook other things in your Crusader mug or if someone drops in for a coffee; they don't weigh a back braking amount or take up any room so if you still have them, take them...or not, its up to you.

+1. I don't use the crusader system anymore, but I did when I was in the mob and for a long time after. The plastic cup adds very little weight and almost no extra space so why not? As others have said, it's big enough for a wash/ shave and for a decent brew (my wooden kuksa is for espresso and brandy - but I like my tea bucket sized) and it's nice to have your brew to hand whilst you're cooking in the steel mug.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE