Plant & Tree ID Masterclass with Paul Kirtley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've just signed up for the masterclass in plant and tree ID that Paul Kirtley is going to be running over the next 12 months. :)

I know of 3 or 4 forum members who have done the same and was just wondering if anyone else is join in with what promises to be an excellent course.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I got some info sent through about this, but was struggling to find the details about cost, number of sessions etc...

If you watch the video through to the very end he explains everything about the course and the price.

There's a special discounted price as well which ends today.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
How long is the video? Been watching it on and off for ages (I'm at work) and there's no way to jump through.

edit: now it's crashed, so I'm hoping I don't have to watch it all again to find out!

It's about 30-35 minutes long.

If you expand the video to full screen you'll find the controls to skip forward.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
I've just signed up for the masterclass in plant and tree ID that Paul Kirtley is going to be running over the next 12 months. :)

I know of 3 or 4 forum members who have done the same and was just wondering if anyone else is join in with what promises to be an excellent course.

I've signed up too Mesquite, looks to be a good course mate, here's hoping.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Soooo tempted, but I keep thinking of what else I could be spending £200 on. One concern is that it covers the whole Boreal belt and I can't see that I am ever going to be able to afford to do much (any!) bushcrafting in Scandinavia, Canada etc so a lot of it might be wasted on me.
One hour and three minutes to decide!

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Soooo tempted, but I keep thinking of what else I could be spending £200 on.

I thought the same, £200 could buy some nice new "shineys"

One concern is that it covers the whole Boreal belt and I can't see that I am ever going to be able to afford to do much (any!) bushcrafting in Scandinavia, Canada etc so a lot of it might be wasted on me.

I was of the thinking that maybe he had included those areas to generate interest in the course with people from those areas, that and they are reasonably similar, with similar species.
Here's hoping for plenty of UK content.

One hour and three minutes to decide!

Did you go for it then?? :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
One concern is that it covers the whole Boreal belt and I can't see that I am ever going to be able to afford to do much (any!) bushcrafting in Scandinavia, Canada etc so a lot of it might be wasted on me.

I was of the thinking that maybe he had included those areas to generate interest in the course with people from those areas, that and they are reasonably similar, with similar species.

Here's hoping for plenty of UK content.

I know what you mean Bartoon but I think TB is right about the content.

End of the day you've got a 100% money back guarantee within the first month of the course starting if you feel it's not right for you. Not a lot of places would offer such a deal :)

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Did you go for it then?? :)

No, in the end I decided against it. I'll probably regret it, but I don't have the readies to splash around so choices have to be made. I want to do a tracking course in the Spring so I will use the money towards that instead.

I might do Paul's course next year depending on how things pan out. I'll be interested to hear what people think of it once it has been running a while. I'm pretty sure the content will be excellent though - Paul is a top notch instructor.

Shiver

Apr 23, 2012
Belfast
Signed up for Masterclass, really looking forward to it, I was going to get some more gear, but the benefits from being able to identify and use the surrounding plants and trees to there maximum, will really benefit me and make me a better bushcrafter. Definately worth the money!
:hammock:

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
Does anyone know exactly how this works? I've signed up, but I don't know how to access a portal, or if I did, whether I have any passwords/usernames once I get there. I mailed PK and he has assured me my details have been sent. Trouble is, I'm not clear if i'm meant to have the details or if the system has been sent a means of recognising my computer, or what. I've every confidence in Paul, just I'm a bit unsure of the tech part. Please help.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
He will we send you a username and password, your username will be your email address you gave him upon signing up.
Enter these details on the tree and plant masterclass page found at Frontier bushcraft and you gain access to the course.
Hope this helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE