Plant Identification Help

Twig

Mar 26, 2011
UK
Hello i'm new here. This forum looked like an awesome place because bushcraft is one of my favourite subjects even though i don't have any actual training in it, lol.

Okay so here's my question. I found a plant growing in woodland yesterday. I didn't take too many details, but it was the only thing flowering beneath the trees.

It was pink flowering, about 6 foot high, woody stems, but the bush was lightly woven and not dense, the leaves and flowers were highly aromatic, it had a strong deep smell rather like sage or something. It seemed to be in full flower and foliage by March 26, so it's an early bloomer.

Sorry the description isn't very detailed, it's just really annoying me because i can't seem to find the picture in any of my guides, and my google searches haven't been fruitful, and the woods are far away so i won't be going there again until probably the weekend, so i thought it might just be easier to ask someone. It seemed like it was going to be such an easy thing to identify, so i'm hoping someone here might be able to shed some light.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi twig if you can always take a piture if you can as the knowledgable folk on here will tell you that it helps regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE