Plant ID

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Out on a bimble today i spotted this plant i have seen before but because of a CRAFT moment i do not know its name, anyone know what it is? Cheers.
Daz

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Swipe a kids fishing net over the plants and catch the seeds as they explode out of the pods.
They're tasty and nutritious and it stops the damned things growing elsewhere :D
A win / win situation :D

cheers,
Toddy

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The only upside to the stuff is the honey the bees produce from it is really sweet and fantastic. The downside to that is the bees are pollinating the stuff.

I'm going to try that Toddy. Cheers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Apparantly the whole plant is edible :dunno: haven't tried anything but the seeds. The blasted plants are taking over a shallow, muddy bit of the river bank near here. It used to have sweetgrass on it. Now it's all balsam :(

cheers,
M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I didn't know that. It is a right pain. It takes over anywhere that is damp almost overnight, and spreads like wildfire. It's an amazing plant and if I can eat it, then it's in trouble.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Fairly easy to eliminate though (on a limited plot). The garden here was over run with the stuff. We weedkillered the large drifts as they emerged and hand pulled the rest. Its really shallow rooted and you can just grasp the stem and hoik it out. I hate using weedkiller on my land, but it was worth it for the first year. Vey eay now to hand pull any that emerge.

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE