Plant ID: Tell me these are innocent plants!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Bought a wild flower pack off Amazon and these bad boys have sprouted up. Someone tell me they are some innocent plant and not what I think they could be!!
be9e9d4da81c20f8c6077068bd7f2c06.jpg
a1faf2d627bd894c8ad77cf4f9484762.jpg
c287b41c299029e0da84dc9fee0159d4.jpg

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
My Grandad had some wild bird seed, some spilled from the feeder in his front garden. When the seeds grew up, a copper walking past had to tell him to remove them and bin them as they were in fact cannabis. So it is possible, that's assuming to copper's ID was right

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My carnaptious, thrawn, too clever, too up to mischief, always fun to know, old Grandpa was very mellow one Summer.
We thought he was mulling over some new engineering marvel or planning mischief. Baby of the family Uncle Andrew came home (he'd been doing his National Service as MO with the Gurkhas in Hong Kong) and took a wander around the gardens. Came into the kitchen and said to my Granny, "Why are we growing cannabis, Mother ?, "Are we dear ?", replied my Granny.
My Grandpa smoked a pipe, one of the ones with the silver mounted spring cap. He smoked every blasted herb and leaf he thought might look interesting. Stuffed leaves in and sooked hard to get them going.
Off for a daun'er (dawdle of a walk) with him was like following a smouldering compost heap sometimes :rolleyes:
Anyhow, Auld Will had found the strange plant growing where my Granny cleaned out the budgie's cage.
Aye, indeed. Nothing new :)

Blame the bird food :D

Actually, to be serious, Hemp is Cannabis sativa in the Cannabaceae family and that is what you have there. The Hemp Nettles are in the Lamiaceae family.
Seeing as it's quite illegal to grow in UK it is no longer there. It now resides in the bin. And ive complained to the company I bought the mix off, not quite the type of wildflower I thought I was buying.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're laughing but really you're right, and it is no laughing matter. It is illegal to grow and it could have landed you in trouble.
I think you're quite right to complain.

The other way that hemp is sometimes bought unknowingly is in the so called 'killed hemp' used as fish bait. It's not always as killed as it ought to be.

M

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Some 15 years ago an Englishman was prosecuted in Dubai for the possession of 0.003 g of marijuana, it was stuck into his shoe sole. Heaven knows who's it was. I think he was convicted but kicked out soon as it was a bit heavy even for Dubai.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Some call it "Peruvian Tomatoes" here. I can grow 4 ( NOT 5 but 4) Cannabis plants for my use provided that nobody can watch what I'm doing. I hear there's a really good local bakery. I can't be bothered. I fear smoking anything and I'll be back on the tobacco again. That was such a bitch of a habit to kick, I only want to do it once.

Reactions: Robbi

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I've always wanted to grow hemp to play around with, extracting cooking oil, using the fibres etc and have no desire to smoke it. Shame you can't grow the non-druggy one without a licence.

As for opium poppies, they're fine to grow in the UK and I've just planted some for bread poppy seeds. Often wondered if they'd ever produce opium in the uk.

would of waited till the buds grew then you would know by the smell lol are they Poppys under it ??
Haha I work for government. Can you imagine the fallout! They just had to go asap

Also, I've just been told by more than one actually that they could as easily have come from bird seed and it so happens that I have several bird feeders in the same area. So now I am entirely unsure how they got there, other than to say they definitely came from one or the other - though I'm still feeling the wildflower is the likely culprit as the seed came from Morrissons.

OLO
www.onelifeoverland.com

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Some call it "Peruvian Tomatoes" here. I can grow 4 ( NOT 5 but 4) Cannabis plants for my use provided that nobody can watch what I'm doing. I hear there's a really good local bakery. I can't be bothered. I fear smoking anything and I'll be back on the tobacco again. That was such a bitch of a habit to kick, I only want to do it once.

Just asking as i'm interested in the grey area of the Law , but is that One person = 4 plants , so if there was four people in the house could you all put an allowance in and thus grow 16 plants???

I know , ....I'm analytical.

Reactions: santaman2000

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've always wanted to grow hemp to play around with, extracting cooking oil, using the fibres etc and have no desire to smoke it. Shame you can't grow the non-druggy one without a licence.

As for opium poppies, they're fine to grow in the UK and I've just planted some for bread poppy seeds. Often wondered if they'd ever produce opium in the uk.

I met a lady who grew, processed, handspun and wove her own hemp. It was absolutely beautiful stuff. Soft, white, wonderful quality, right up there with really good linen. I was impressed and wished we could do that here too.
I was spinning fine Scottish fleece and she was astonished that it could be spun so finely. Her wool was coarse, like Hardwick and she didn't believe that we could weave with our fine wool. So, I showed her tartan :)
Then a rep from one of the tartan weavers showed us both their latest offering, a tartan woven on a nettle warp :)
Business keeps developing new manmade fibres. Sometimes I think they might do well to have a look at a wider range of natural ones instead.

Look up poppy straw :)

Reactions: Coldfeet

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I don't know if it's 4 plants per person or 4 plants per house. I know the police do drive around looking.
Like they have nothing better to screw up.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Speaking of bird seed, I recall "Parrot Seed" sold in pet shops in Australia, back in the late 1960's when Cannabis was the devil.
It was labelled as "Hemp Seed." Yes it was and the germination percentage was about 10%. Better than most dope.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE