Planning my 3 day Camp (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
yes you had best be careful about posting intentions of stealth camping near an american base..... retribution may follow in the form of a cruise missile should they feel threatened!

id be happy to waste american resources trying to capture us.. knowing them theyl have the full works..dogs, chopper, and more M16's than you shake a stick at

jack by the hedge

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2009
Leeds, W.yorks
I was at the one further south (Fewston) from the one you are heading to. On the whole you should be fine if you keep your head down. Yorkshire water do have people out and about during the night put i think this is to look at pump houses, supply line etc.

A couple of things. Your mobile might not work down there, i've had to walk up higher to make a call a couple of times. The straight road to the east sounds like a race track sometimes. And logging is certainly happening at Fewston, so be prepared to go somewhere else if you get there and find no trees. ;-).

JBTH

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
yeah ok good advice thanks.
I didnt like fewston as a potential spot becasuse during my teens when i was a bit of a silly boy racer we would meet at the car park and no doubt a police range rover would be there every 30mins i think they have a set patrol route.

The southern res's have alot more activity for sure

Here a few funny vids on menwith hill if you havnt allready seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwHRrb5G-QI&feature=related Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPCZnJRDJo&feature=related Part 2

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
If you do get approached by anybody, make sure you keep the 'Cold steel' or any other sharps out of sight. At best you may have it confiscated, at worst you maybe camping temporarily at her majestys pleasure.

Take a bin bag to collect all your rubbish in and don't forget the toilet roll. Have a good time though looks like it will be fun, when you set up camp have a good look above you to make sure the wind doesn't have much chance of snapping a branch off in the middle of the night.

Also don't be ashamed if it go's tits up to call in the Family Evac early.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
If you do get approached by anybody, make sure you keep the 'Cold steel' or any other sharps out of sight. At best you may have it confiscated, at worst you maybe camping temporarily at her majestys pleasure.

Take a bin bag to collect all your rubbish in and don't forget the toilet roll. Have a good time though looks like it will be fun, when you set up camp have a good look above you to make sure the wind doesn't have much chance of snapping a branch off in the middle of the night.

Also don't be ashamed if it go's tits up to call in the Family Evac early.

Yeah of course mate we wouldnt leave the rubbish if we were outside baghdad.. hopefully not too windy but who knows...will make sure anyways.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Pictures of camp are fine, telling the world you are camping illegally pees off some members; looks very poor if the site is seen to condone these type of trips. While your on a weekend jolly some others only see a site where its members talk about pitching up where their fancy takes them, not good PR for BCUK really is it?

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Pictures of camp are fine, telling the world you are camping illegally pees off some members; looks very poor if the site is seen to condone these type of trips. While your on a weekend jolly some others only see a site where its members talk about pitching up where their fancy takes them, not good PR for BCUK really is it?

I agree with everything you said then mate. I suppose i got a bit carried away and im sorry for any offence i have caused my bad. Wont happen again BCUK!

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Chuck in a couple of High Viz jackets and a clip board so if you hear anyone you can look all official!

Or my mate could just take them down with a few of his MMA moves he learnt in a Sholin Training camp in china. Cant beleive the Army turned him down because of his BMI index. 6"4" 285 pound built like Aircraft carrier....

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Yup, can see everything on your facebook! A lot of posing with cigarettes ;) Can see your email address, friends, who you hang out with, what you like.. Perfect for stalkers :) *deep breaths down the phone*

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE