Places to go in the West Midlands area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yerbache

Forager
Nov 30, 2010
Bridport
Hi folks, been a long while since I last posted here.
My better half is in Stourbridge, so I'm looking for decent woods to go and get some dirt time in in the West Midlands area on weekends from time to time. I've thought about Kinver, but pretty busy - any decent suggestions?
Cheers

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I have the same problem when we visit swmbos parents at weekends in quintin pretty much in the same area. Kinver is really nice but busy as you say. the only other places i have checked out are the clent hills and wasely country park, both ok but pretty busy too as they are the only places within relative distance

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Head for the Welsh Marches - not as far as you think from there................or not far south of Brum you've got the Wye Valley, Herefordshire and on up into Shropshire..............atb mac

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Fi and I have permission to use 4 and a half acres in Golden Grove Carmarthenshire and thats free to camp, we are also clearing a spot close to home about a 2 acres with a small trout stream on its border, but in return for a little bit of work clearing ect, Both spots are off the beaten track and private.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
You've nailed it on the head Jimbo mate, a recce for non midlanders in the midlands i like that :lmao: just need someone to come up with a decent place for recce and maybe a pint afterwards. the places i have managed to check out so far have been too public for an overnighter i reckon unfortunatly

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I will be up home in the midlands later this month and will be at the North Wood meet, I can bring up some of my maps to that and show you a few places I have found or suggest a few others as well, access is the main problem but I do know a few places you can try for.

yerbache

Forager
Nov 30, 2010
Bridport
Cheers - though I didn't see where that actually is! :)
As it happens I'm on a plant ID course that weekend in Shropshire, but if it's nearby.....

Elen Sentier

Head for the Welsh Marches - not as far as you think from there................or not far south of Brum you've got the Wye Valley, Herefordshire and on up into Shropshire..............atb mac

As a newbie to wildcamping/hanging who lives in the Welsh Marches I'm very interested in places nearby ... any advice gratefully received, Mac.

Elen Sentier

Fi and I have permission to use 4 and a half acres in Golden Grove Carmarthenshire and thats free to camp, we are also clearing a spot close to home about a 2 acres with a small trout stream on its border, but in return for a little bit of work clearing ect, Both spots are off the beaten track and private.

Sounds magical :)

Elen Sentier

I will be up home in the midlands later this month and will be at the North Wood meet, I can bring up some of my maps to that and show you a few places I have found or suggest a few others as well, access is the main problem but I do know a few places you can try for.

Very useful, Pete, ta muchley. I could bring the Dave Canterbury book & vid back for you too, much appreciated :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE