place to sleep fort william area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I'm getting out an about this weekend, on my mbike. travelling along from inverness down the a82 to Fort William then onto Oban and down to Lochgilphead and back along the a83 and back up the a82 across Rannoch moor, then back along Glen Albyn and up the eastern road along Loch Ness and home. i'm looking to be out for three days just taking it slow, with a bit of exploring little roads and looking at things. i was wondering if any one knew of any quiet spot i could nesttle down for the night around oban or a bit further on, and also around fort william area.i'll taking my own food and cooker.bivvi and a tarp.it'll all be in dry bags as opposed to a ruksak so hiking isn't really an option. any suggestions welcome guys the further away from people the better.:)

TIA

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland

You should include the Bealach Na Bah route to apple cross as your going right past it.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
that route looks great, we've decided when we look for a house it will be around the wester ross area fell in love with it on a weekender a couple of months ago truly stunning.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Will keep my eye on this, doing something similar soon on my CBR. Just got a set of
58ltr panniers and a gelert solo tent on its way, not sure when yet or how long to take doing it.
The link is my route i plan to take, also not sure where to camp along the way.

I did a similar route a few years ago, but going across the top, I ran short on time and decided to turn right at Tongue onto the A836 and drive straight down the middle. It was brilliant! I'm so pleased I missed out Wick, Thurso and JoG. Not that they don't have their attractions mind, but running out of time let me discover some really beautiful and isolated areas in the middle of nowhere. If I do it again, I'll head for Inverness then go back up to Tongue and down the west coast.

Damn! Now the travel lust is on me. I have to get out and about.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE