Pinewood clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris71127

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Ipswich
Does anyone use pinewood gear?

If so what do you think of it compared to fjallraven etc.

I'm especially interested in the lappland extreme trousers so would be good to know how they perform.

Cheers

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
I'd categorize Pinewood as affordable. Not for expedition use but very good for camping, hiking etc. without being overpriced.

Chris71127

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Ipswich
Cheers chaps.

Any other brands you'd recommend? Trying to move away from surplus gear. Found the prices of pinewood reasonable. I have expensive hiking gear but don't use it for bushcraft in case it gets burnt or ripped.

Am I better off saving some more pennies for a different brand?

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I have a pair of the Pinewood trousers ( cant remember the model name ) green and black with the reinforced backside, knees, and leg hem snap ties. I have used them for a year for field archery and general woodland use, and they are pretty good, shedding water well and drying quickly if they do get wet. If you are still considering them, make sure you order a larger size than you would normally - the sizing seems quite small. If I spent a lot more time outside, e.g worked outside, then i might consider fjallraven etc, but it is out of my price range for hobby wear.

superc0ntra

Nomad
Sep 15, 2008
Sweden
I like Pinewood and also the T&P line from ITAB, a Swedish company. Both are reasonably priced and work well if you're not going up to the Everest summit or such.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE