Pineapple dark rum - recipe?

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
somewhere in one of the threads on here, someone mentioned "Pineapple dark rum"..

As my local supermarket has pineapples at reduced prices at the moment and plenty of cheap own-brand rum i'd like to have a go.

I've tried web searches but all i get is pages of desserts using pineapples, with rum used in a sauce :(

so, anyone got any recipes?

cheers
Steve

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't have one, but is this not one of those quick brew things that blows your head off?
Like the melon one?
Turn a melon on end and just slice off enough to reach the seeds. Guddle them out and fill the space with sugar. Support melon in a jar and the whole thing inside a plastic bag and keep it somewhere warm.
Three weeks later strain the resultant heady gunk and it's a glorious smelling, but rough as the proverbial badgers situpon, melon rum.
Bananas work pretty much the same just put the peeled overripe ones in a big jar/ bowl/ whatever and add lotso of sugar, someplace warm until it stops frothing, strain .= banana rum.

Both are absolutely vile to purists but they are interesting home booze. Added to ice cream and re-frozen they're not bad. :)

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. Sorry British Red.....my recipes are kind of organic, or should I say hit or miss :rolleyes: :eek:

bikething

May 31, 2005
Toddy,
not sure on that one - i've heard of the "sugar in a melon (or was it a marrow?)" version..

I was assuming it was commercial rum flavoured with pineapple, in the same
way sloe gin is commercial gin flavoured with sloes :confused:

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
It might have been me some time back I used 1 bottle of cheap rum 1 pineapple and a small cup of sugar and a clean jar big enough for all the ingrediants METHOD dead easy peelpine apple you dont have to in which case wash the pine apple next slice up 10mm thickness put every thing in the jar lid on and shake shake daily for the fist week then every few days after then when you remember I took the pine apple out after about 5 weeks put to one side and bottled the licquid and leave for as long as you can OH i almost forgot do this job on your own a you wont have to share the pineapple slices they are deeeeeeelisssshhh

bikething

May 31, 2005
It might have been me some time back I used 1 bottle of cheap rum 1 pineapple and a small cup of sugar and a clean jar big enough for all the ingrediants METHOD dead easy peelpine apple you dont have to in which case wash the pine apple next slice up 10mm thickness put every thing in the jar lid on and shake shake daily for the fist week then every few days after then when you remember I took the pine apple out after about 5 weeks put to one side and bottled the licquid and leave for as long as you can OH i almost forgot do this job on your own a you wont have to share the pineapple slices they are deeeeeeelisssshhh

GOOD MAN !! :You_Rock_

I'm off to find a big jar and a sharp knife :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE