Pine needle Tea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just made my 1st ever pine needle tea using Scots Pine, all I've got to say is 'yyeuughh'.

Do any of you like this stuff or is it an aquired taste?

Just like a week ago I tapped my 1st Birch as well & I didn't like the taste of that either.

I'm a bit disappointed, I thought nature was gonna give me something nice to drink other than tea or coffee, but Im afraid I'm gonna stay with the tea & coffee. The only thing left is Nettle tea for me tor try.

Does this taste any better ? or am I doing something wrong?

Tree <-------Willing to take advice.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Pine needle tea tastes a bit like toilet cleaner to me, but I've heard that younger leaves are less like disinfectant.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Pine needle tea tastes a bit like toilet cleaner to me, but I've heard that younger leaves are less like disinfectant.

Never drunk toilet cleaner myself so couldn't possibly comment further on this aspect:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , personally i dont mind Pine Needle Tea, i much prefer it to Nettle Tea, but everyone has their own tastes

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Never drunk toilet cleaner myself so couldn't possibly comment further on this aspect:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , personally i dont mind Pine Needle Tea, i much prefer it to Nettle Tea, but everyone has their own tastes

Awww, c'mon! You mean you've never come home a little drunk and wondered if the dog knows something you don't? :lmao:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I need an excuse to avoid doing the tiling .. so I'll make it my personal mission to go out tomorrow and gather various bits n bobs, come back and let you all know how erm.. good it tastes... :D

Cheers, Nag.

Forked_Stick

Feb 27, 2008
Earth / USA / New York
how did you prepare the tea? if you use water thats hot, but not boiling, and remove the needles shortly after submerging them, it can give a nice soft flavor. If you use boiling water, and let it seep for a while, different oils come out of the needles, and while this is how you would prepare a medicinal version, it is alot stronger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE