pimped Reeve project 1 and bison clone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I got my hands on a slightly used chris Reeve Project 1 a few weeks ago and seeing as I already had a special order P1 I thought I would use this one, most of my users get another sheath and this one would be no exception, I took inspiration from the Vaughn Neeley survival sheath (I just bought one on the classifides from Tom Brown) but added a front pouch for survival gear. The only things I added to the knife were; 1m of wire and 1m of waxed fishing line wraped around the cut out forward portion of the handle, coverd in electrical tape . Then a bicycle inner tube over the handle. A brass button compass in the cap (stuck with a small amount of blue-tack) and some lead shot underneath it and some survival bits'n'bobs in the handle (4 lifeboat matches a small but functional magnesium/ferorod fire starter (yes I can light a fire with it!!) 2 large needles ,waxed thread 10 small fish hooks ,3m monofilament line and a scalpel. The sheath got a DC4 stone in the rear compartment, I havent decided what to put in the front pocket yet, probably a water bag and puritabs but a small sebenza would fit if I can get my hands on a used one!!!
IMAG0112.jpg
IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg
IMAG0110.jpg
IMAG0109.jpg

Now for the Bison clone, I made this for myself, its a reasonably close copy of Rogers Bison knife, it has a handle of green micarta/linners , Elm and stainless fittings ,zero scandi ground blade sharpend to 8000 grit and stropped like hell!! Sheath is hand stitched with waxed green linnen thread dyed saddle tan and edge coated.
IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE