Pimp Your Knife - home customising production knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
A SAK modified to be knifeless to suit someone's work needs.

DSC04190.JPG

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
They made a knifeless SAK in yellow a few years ago. Working on the principle that you should be carrying a decent folder anyway, I was much moved to buy one. Didn't but still rather wish I had.

Reactions: Rambo Rees

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
Reactions: crosslandkelly

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Some lovely work here - thanks to all for sharing. I now feel inspired to re-handle a broken Mora myself: just need the workshop to re-open after lockdown as I don't have the necessary tools at home.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Just remember these two things:
1. It's only a piece of steel.
2. You don't need a million dollar shop to do this.

I admit that I bought a big 6-speed grinder to save myself some time with the used farrier's knives. Two years ago? I have not broken the seal on the packing box. Sure as hell seemed to be a good idea at the time.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
My usual mod is to reduce the edge angle on the blade, if I deem it necessary. It doesn't make for very interesting pictures but the knives sure cut better!

Rambo Rees

Aug 15, 2020
Anglesey
My usual mod is to reduce the edge angle on the blade, if I deem it necessary. It doesn't make for very interesting pictures but the knives sure cut better!
Hi, been thinking of doing this myself, how do you go about reprofiling an edge? Ideally I want to reprofile a few of my scandi grind knives so that they are consistent along the whole bkade length.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Hi, been thinking of doing this myself, how do you go about reprofiling an edge? Ideally I want to reprofile a few of my scandi grind knives so that they are consistent along the whole bkade length.
I got a guided sharpener, just a cheap chinese copy of the Edge Pro but it makes the angle consistent. I went for manual over electric because I was scared of grinding away too much metal but it is a bit slow going, especially on certain steels.
IMG_20210221_112127400.jpg
Here's my Condor Mayflower I did. The original angle was 20° or maybe 22° which barely bit into anything so I took it down to 15° each side and it's a very handy tool now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE