Pillows

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I cant for the life of think why when I take a sleeping bag in a stuff sack I havent been using the stuff sack to put a jumper or something else in:banghead:

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
because i don't like the material my sleeping bag stuff sacks mades of i fill the inside with my softshell jacket and put my spare t-shirt over the top of it. my mate has an inflatable pillow tried it but my head just rolls around like a rolling pin

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I got a pillow case/envolpe that I made from Fleece, that is only a foot sqare with a couple of cords on it so it does not sli[p down the hammock, and I just put somthing soft in it at bed time..

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
+1 for the 'thermarest' pillowcase (with my softie jacket in it). Before I had the pillowcase I used a shemagh wrapped around my jacket. My sleepingbag stuffsack has compression straps with buckles that just dig into all the wrong places. Once when I forgot the pillowcase I pushed most of my jacket into its own sleeve and it was pretty comfy.

Last edited:

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
Ideally I would love a huge down pillow but it would be bigger than my pack so I use one of the U shaped inflatable travel pillows with a velour finish. I find it stays where I put it and weighs nothing and takes no room in my pack but does give me a comfortable night.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just stuff my spare kit or clothing I take off to go to bed, into a canvas stuff sack.... no extra gear carried at all!
If I am on the ground I have used my (clean and dry) boots as a basis for a pillow as they tend to stay in place when a stuff sack can "walk" in the night.
In a snow hole I shape a pillow out of the snow in one end of the sleeping bench, on sand I make a scoop for my hip and shoulder and a pile for a pillow - under my ground sheet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE