Pillow Recomedations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
This is definitely an area where you need to experiment and find out what works for you.

On an army cot, a swannie ranger folded into the bag's hood usually suffices. On the ground I need a bit of additional head and neck support and I'll often add a compact travel / camp pillow to the swannie ~ mine has a sleeve to hold a self inflating kneel pad which gives both added thickness and a bit of rigidity ;) . If all else fails, I'll make use of a dry bag :D .

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This isn't a minor issue. Get it wrong and you won't get a good night's sleep. Try a few things, find out what makes you most comfortable, and stick with it.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
I have a couple of Lowe Alpine travel pillows, they're very comfy, light and pack up small.
Lately I've switched to a medium sized mesh stuff sack packed with some spare clothing.
It doesn't move around like a rolled up fleece would, it's much softer than an inflatable pillow, it doesn't feel sweaty like a nylon stuff sack and it weighs nothing.
Next morning it's ready to fill with kit again, the perfect piece of duel use kit.
For example.....http://www.seatosummit.com.au/showdetail.php?Code=AUMSS
Happy trails...torc.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
If weights not a major concern then it's the Tempur Travel pillow for me! Another I used regularly is the Ajungilak air pillow which is ok, but not as good as one from home!

KP

Köld

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2012
Thule
I found a (self?)inflatable pillow at lidl by their own brand rockridge sold for about £8. It's not as light as I would like it to be at over 200 grams but it is comfortable. It is filled with foam like the old-style thermarests and I like it the most with very little air in it. A regular pillow is way too bulky IMO, but a blessing to have in the carry-on luggage when traveling by sardine class airlines.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
For me, if car camping then it's a Tempur travel pillow the wife gave me for my birthday last year. If lightweight then I use the multimat inflatable pillow which is the best I've used. Couldn't get on with clothes in a stuff sack I'm afraid, but that's just me.

ATB

KP

i now use a swannie and or hoody folded into a fleece pillow thingy i got off kepis on here
i used to get horrific headaches on a daily basis at home or in the woods camping to the extent i went to the Dr's expecting to be told i had some tumour or something equally terrible (hedaches for several months on a daily basis can convince you of almost anything) apparently i sprained ligaments in my neck which encouraged me to rethink the no pillow approach to camping

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
i now use a swannie and or hoody folded into a fleece pillow thingy i got off kepis on here
i used to get horrific headaches on a daily basis at home or in the woods camping to the extent i went to the Dr's expecting to be told i had some tumour or something equally terrible (hedaches for several months on a daily basis can convince you of almost anything) apparently i sprained ligaments in my neck which encouraged me to rethink the no pillow approach to camping

I had similar headaches and fears. My dentist sorted them out with a night guard preventing me grinding my teeth in my sleep.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
When in my tent or ground dwelling I use a thermarest trekker pillow. Nice and comfy, warm and does not get sweaty.

As I hammock in the summer months, I only use the pillow in the winter and always have a jumper or fleece to stuff in the pillow. Another advantage is that whatever you stuff in it, stays nice and warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE