Pillow Recomedations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Right guys, I just spent the night in a tent and had this pillow from the 99p store. It was inflatable and cheap. I didn't get on with it and gave up after half an hour. So can anybody recommend a pillow that packs down very small and is very comfortable. I would also like to be able to use it in a hammock when i get one.

Thanks for your help in Advance!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A fleece, jumper or jacket in a stuff sack works for me. No weight, no bulk, no money.

I don't bother with one in the hammock as the curve of the lay lifts my head anyway. Whenever I've used one, it's escaped in the night mid 'Hammock induced coma' and I've only noticed it missing in the morning.

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
i use one of the exped comfort pillows and find it very comfortable, though ive never got on with inflatable pillows before .
ref the above post as stated only really required when sleeping flat on the ground

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
i use one of the exped comfort pillows and find it very comfortable, though ive never got on with inflatable pillows before .
ref the above post as stated only really required when sleeping flat on the ground

£30 for a pillow. Thats a lot but maybe its worth it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I use a little bag made from cotton.

Or you could cut down a familiar pillowcase...Nothing is as bad as something odd against your face at night.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.

+1 for this after having tried several other styles and makes including clothes stuffed in a bag. Cheap price for a good nights sleep.
Alan

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
I recently bought a Karrimor Camping pillow from sportsdirect and was pleasantly surprised - it's not that big but fits neatly inside the hood of a mummy style sleeping bag. I can honestly say that it's streets ahead of any jumper / fleece combination I've tried in the past. Bargain as well at £3 !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE