Pig Sinew???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Is pig sinew any good for general sinewy type stuff? Logically, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be, but then, I don't think I've every heared of it being used for anything. Also, does anyone know if pig sinew has any specific uses, historical or otherwise.

Pappa

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I would suggest, although I don't know for sure, that apart from being shorter than deer sinew it will not have the same properties because unlike a deer a pig is not designed for those short dynamic bursts of speed when encountering prey.

Still bound to be useful for stiching etc I expect.

I'd also be interested in an authorative answer.

Rgds

Moduser

directdrive

Forager
Oct 22, 2005
USA
Hi: Yes. Pig sinew works quite well. Process it just as you would process the sinew of deer, elk, etc. Although the pig is quite a different animal from a deer, it's sinew seems to work just as well. Certainly, I've not been able to tell the difference in the cast of a bow backed with pig as opposed to one backed with deer.

Good Luck, Bruce

Reactions: Pappa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE