Picnic & Hike With The Little One

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
It was really nice out today so I took Alayna for a picnic and a hike.

Our load-out for the day.

IMG_6194.jpg

An eclectic assortment of gear.

IMG_6195.jpg

These were the knives on hand. The orange handled CRK&T stayed in the console where I keep it, I just had it out looking at it so included it in the shot.

IMG_6193.jpg

Picnic before the hike, Alayna attacked the block of cheese right off. She cut one piece for me, then one piece for her…notice I got the smaller piece lol.

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6209.jpg

Alayna noting how much alike our knives are

IMG_6210.jpg

Just kicking back and enjoying the day out, and pointing at shapes in the clouds

IMG_6214.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

Hmmm, this cheese needs to be in smaller pieces…

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

Custom, D2 steel, desert ironwood handle, and mosaic pins…Alayna’s first knife sure blows my first one out of the water…

IMG_6244.jpg

Dessert time, and time to goof off.

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

Time to head out, what direction are we going?

IMG_6221.jpg

Found some future Blackberries.

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

She spotted some wild onions.

IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

I swear that girl seldom has one foot on the ground much less two…

IMG_6231.jpg

Found an odd track I can’t quite make out.

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

And lots of ant hills…though oddly enough none invaded our picnic.

IMG_6237.jpg

It seemed too soon that the sun was going down, and it was time to go. Then we stopped for a milkshake on the way home and found a Luna moth. I’m not sure which one of us had more fun, but we definitely have to do this again soon.

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
That looked like a great day out for a picnic Mistwalker, some good pictures there too. If only i could get my own kids to walk out in the woods for a day,to busy on the Xbox or PC. Thanks friend for sharing. Cheers.

Darren

P.S Got to say i like the look of the Schrade old timer knife.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Wonderful pics, the track one seems to say Dog to me.

But that's just on first glance and intuition,don't mean much really.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Yeah she loves heading out with me, the night before she was so excited she couldn't sleep. She kept coming in the living room saying "I love going to the woods" and "I love picnics" lol. With my oldest already turning 18 I already know how fast the time for these moments can slip away, I try to get her out with me every chance I get.

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE