Picked this up today

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
I don't really know much about axes, I just need an axe to split logs to the right size for burning and that's it. I picked this up today for a fiver, your thoughts please guys

a8ena8uj.jpg

yqubutyg.jpg

Beefy0978

Forager
Jul 18, 2012
South west
Yet again a cheaper alternative that does the job just fine! Expensive kit is there because we like toys to play with and show off. He steel in this won't be the best but it'll out last you. Good find for a fiver. You could 18 of em for the price of my GB.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Sand that nasty varnish off and make a leather mask for it and you'll be sorted. Looks like a right bargain, what brand is it?

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Nowt wrong with that. I have a £5 axe I keep in the van, usually when I'm on a campsite that allows fires someone wants to borrow your axe, so if they mess up and bury it in the deck or something, a small touch up with a file and you're good to go again. You don't get too "precious" about them.... Good find

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
It's made by a company called Supatool. 2lb in weight. Took this to show the angle of the grind. It must be hardened steel or something, just tried improving the edge but the file won't even look at it.

5eduru7u.jpg

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I got a cheap hand axe, as bushwaker said mine had a very wide grind on mine and it just reaky bounced off the wood, but after a bit of time spent with a file, I now put a new angle in it and its a great little tool,

If it does the job , why worry about a more expensive one...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE