Photon Light mods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I've got several Photon lights about the place on keyrings and such and the other day I replaced the batteries in two of them.

Some Photons take 1 x CR2032 batteries (making it 3V) while others take 2 x CR2016 batteries (2 x 3V batteries = 6 volts).

I replaced the single CR2032 in my red photon with 2 x CR2016 - I did this primerily because I had bought the wrong batts! I wasn't sure what to expect - blowing the microprocessor (unlikely as some run on 6 volt anyway and it's unlikely that they change the microprocessor depending on model), burning out the LED ... but in fact all I got was a brighter light. I might burn the LED quicker (and invalidate the warranty) but I get longer battery life in the interim.

Anyone got any experience of this ... I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

In case you're wondering, button cell battery numbers do have real meaning, take the following:

CRXXYY

Where XX is the diameter of the battery in millimeters and YY is the thickness of the battery (in tenths of millimeters). So a CR2032 is 20 mm in diameter and 3.2 mm thick, while a CR2016 is 20 mm in diameter and 1.6 mm thick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE