Photo Editing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Photoshop rocks but the price sucks.

Elements is a cut down version that is OK for most stuff but may leave you wanting the full Photoshop. If you do change up later, to some degree it trains you in the Adobe way of doing things.

Paint Shop Pro used to be all I needed until I started editing in 16 bit. ( If you want the best from Raw files this might be a factor but the latest versions have probably improved.)

Gimp is supposed to be good and it's free but it has a different way of working which like PSP will mean a steep learning curve if you change to Photoshop later on.

In the end you have to decide how much you want out of it and what you might want to do later on. The biggest wrench for me was having to change to a completely different system of working when I moved from PSP to Photoshop, I found it very frustrating .

For me it's an essential tool but if you just want some basic control and resizing type stuff you don't have to spend a lot of, if any, money.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
If it's basic resize/sample, rotation, cropping, minor colour editing/swapping with very good ease of use - try Irfanview. It's a free download, doesn't have the high-tech drawing, colouring or shading tools which PSP/Photoshop/Gimp et al afford you, but for basic tools it's simply superb.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
If'n all you want to do is resize, and do simple edits, why not use the basic photo editing software that comes with windows office. Office Picture manager

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE