Pfaff 463 Industrial sewing machine - with table etc.. - OFFERS INVITED

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Time for me to move on this machine really. I picked it up last year with all the right intentions of upping my sewing game, alas ill-health has meant I've not been able to make use of it and now it's just taking up space.

It's a proper industrial machine, in really good condition. I got it from a professional seamstress who had it as a 2nd spare, consequently it's had relatively little use. Loads of life left it this baby!

It goes like the clappers and in the right hands would sew enormous quantities of material in no time. Seriously, if you give a foot full on the pedal it is FAST!! but will happily run along at a beginners pace too.

I've used it to sew a kilt in some pretty thick wool material and it coped brilliantly, I would say that it would sew thick canvas and thin-ish leather very well indeed, perfect for upholstery. would probably do slightly thicker leather too (upto 3mm maybe), although strictly speaking not designed for this use, it is very powerful.

If you know about sewing machines, you know that this is a good one. Straight stitch, adjustable stitch length, reverse, very controllable with a bit of practice.

Located in Birkenhead it would need collecting as it's heavy and cumbersome. Could possibly meet you some where nearby ish, I get around a bit! it fits in a family sized car no probs.

Looking for £250 ovno.

Any question just ask!
Cheers,

James

Last edited:

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Ok, a fair few views, but no nibbles. Perhaps folks think it's overpriced?

I'll entertain sensible offers on this for what is a bombproof machine.
It will probably sew thicker leather than I say (if that's another concern you may have), but I don't want anyone coming back dissatisfied so I've stated what I know it'll do.

I just need it gone really. Or may swap for shotguns or r/f rifle once my certs are granted. (application pending)

James

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very good machine here for anybody planning on heavy usage; this'll just run and run..........A real bargain, I'd say!

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, particular on the price, I thought it was reasonable. :) I wanted to offer it to folks here at a good price before putting it on the dreaded bay. I'll give it a few more days here then it'll go on there.

James

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Always a hit-and-miss affair, matching a good bit of kit like this to the right person; sod's law dictates that the minute you sell this elsewhere somebody will see the listing too late and kick themselves for missing it. I know if I was setting up a 'shop I'd buy that like a shot.

Good luck with the sale :)

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
Even eBay failed me, twice! Need this gone now as I need the space and some cash for an unexpected bill.

Any reasonable offer considered, sensible ones accepted!

Hi Jim, I'm afraid I've just bought a pfaff 441, I didn't see yours till today but you're a bit far away anyway, its definitely not overpriced I paid £250 with a new motor and a dozen reels of leather upholstery thread. The owner was reupholstering classic car interiors with his.
You don't have a manual for yours do you, it looks very similar to mine but I'm just trying to work out things like how much oil you put in and other settings?
If you haven't sold it then try adding a video of you using it to sew various materials, industrial machines are quite a minefield for newbies!

Handcrafted bags and kit upcycled from leather, canvas and even rubber at http://www.ragsto.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE