Pertex Endurance uses?

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
This should probably be in the DIY forum, but I was interested if any one had experience with this fabric.

The fabric was all the rage in 2003 reviewed by backpacker.com as bivy cover(rab survival zone) and with down products.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I've got 3m of it in the cupboard, waiting for me to get around to making it into a down underblanket... Seems like a good balance of weight, strength, breathablity and water resistance. Don't as yet have any actual experience of using it though.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I've used Buffalo Jackets and sleeping gear for years pertex has excellent wicking properties that make this kit really good!

1 it's light weight and windproof

2, if a single drop lands on it it instantly wicks over a large area(like bloting paper), because the area is larger it evaporates faster!

3, if fleece is worn under it you almost get a wet suit effect!

it's fantastic stuff just make sure you keep it away from the fire!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
My winter sleeping bag has a pertex shell (not sure if pertex endurance is different though). It great to sleep against, really soft and as said, wicks well.........

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
This Pertex has a membrane as opposite of the regular pertex. Thats why I`m asking. According to Ronald Turnbull the Rab Survival Zone is " superbly windproof
and breathable. Tough, withstanding cave floors but only moderatly waterproof"

Got 5m from Pennine who has a closeout on this fabric.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
According to Ronald Turnbull the Rab Survival Zone is " superbly windproof
and breathable. Tough, withstanding cave floors but only moderatly waterproof"
:rolleyes:
that statement alone should be sufficient!

only in extreme down pours like thunder storms have i actually got wet wearing buffalo gear, basically what they are saying is under normal conditions it will work well, but if camping in puddle you'll get wet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE