Permission Forms/Contracts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just finsihed reading the 'Land access - seeking and finding permission' Sticky Thread... really good advice - Thanks :)

Ive had a look at google maps and OS and found a couple of nearby areas that are on my list of place to find contacts for.
In the 'sticky' it suggests to have a contract to hand incase the owner is willing to allow access/use.

I suppose my question(s) is/are...

What can you suggest should be in it?
Does a sample or template form exist?
Would anyone be willing so send me an example of the kind of thing you have used?

Obviously, I want to get off on the right foot with the land owner, so I'm lokking for advice from you experienced sorts who have been down this road before.

I'm sure there are many 'Noobs' like myself who found the sticky really informative, and would like to take the next step into seeking permission - so any help at all would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks

Mark

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Have you got a link to the sticky ? I have tried to find it and would like a look.
I have permission for a place myself, but I got it by turning up and chatting to the farmer. It is limited to me really, he wouldn't be too keen on a crowd of people turning up, on occasions when I have been there with a few friends I would go there first to introduce them, and tell him that we would be there, rather than turning up and taking it for granted.

I think if I had turned up with a contract, I wouldn't of been very successful as he would of thought it was too formal and too forward in assuming I would get permission and would of scared him off.

I would approach them first and hear them out and explain what you intend to do there and how you would be sensible, tidy up the place of dead wood and leave no signs behind you. If you think you are in with a chance then you could suggest that you wouldn't mind signing a contract if it would be better.

If you are allowed access it is a good idea to invite the owner along for a brew & something to eat so that they can experience it and to keep them sweet. Many people aren't aware of Bushcraft, but once it is explained to them they show an interest.

Just my thoughts & good luck with your quest.

Tidying up dead wood isn't good for wildlife, especially if you tidy it all up. Might work as a discussion with a farmer

Someone who manages there woodland for wildlife may be happier with you coppicing for firewood (well in advance) on trees they have marked , and leaving extra deadwood onsite as insect small mammal habitat.

, tidy up the place of dead wood

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Yes I agree! I didn't really mean remove it all from the site, but just clear paths and access routes and small trees & branches that have fallen and are still suspended by other trees.

Tidying up dead wood isn't good for wildlife, especially if you tidy it all up. Might work as a discussion with a farmer

Someone who manages there woodland for wildlife may be happier with you coppicing for firewood (well in advance) on trees they have marked , and leaving extra deadwood onsite as insect small mammal habitat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE