Permanent Match

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
look at the positive way, you got a nice conversation starter. Which i wouldn't mind if it's a hot chick ! ...on the other hand i do find smoking a MAYOR turn OFF, lets hope some chick ask a light for something else... :p

I really don't know whether those flint are harder or not. Your using a completely different striker for them...

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
I used to have one but let it burn a little too long and burnt the wick so it no longer works. Glad it wasn't very expensive!!!!

Brian

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Brian said:
I used to have one but let it burn a little too long and burnt the wick so it no longer works. Glad it wasn't very expensive!!!!

Brian

You just need some pilers - the wick is a standard zippo wick doubled over, pul out the metal striker and you can reposition the wick before putting it back together.

I've lit someones cig before using a flint, steel & charcloth. The landlord wasn't too happy at the amount of smoke from my grass kindling.

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Many thanks to all for your thoughts on the permanent match and the matchcase. :biggthump

If I see a Permanent match for sale I may invest in one. :roll:

Like the idea of using a Pill Fob for keeping matches in may have to look around for something similar or may go over the top and buy the real thing . :yikes:

:wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE