Perfectly circular climbing rated Caribiner ?

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
Hi Rich,

Sorry, I meant pulling the outer back from the tree end towards the hammock when the sling is under tension. This should release the 'lock' and lengthen the sling, introducing slack. Is this right? I'm just a bit concerned now, that If I hang my new set up tight first time, it may never come down in one piece :eek:

Thanks again

RR

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Hi Rich,

Sorry, I meant pulling the outer back from the tree end towards the hammock when the sling is under tension. This should release the 'lock' and lengthen the sling, introducing slack. Is this right? I'm just a bit concerned now, that If I hang my new set up tight first time, it may never come down in one piece :eek:

Thanks again

RR

look at the video few posts above that shows exactly what you need, learn the marlin spike hitch, if you cant undo your setup just pull the toggle out :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I haven't read the whole thread so might have missed important details here but would a couple of these do the trick?
image_2309.jpg

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
look at the video few posts above that shows exactly what you need, learn the marlin spike hitch, if you cant undo your setup just pull the toggle out :)

Cheers Ch@rlie. I cant use the marlin spike though with the all-in-one whoopie set-up because the tree strap is attached permanently to the whoopie sling. I've been looking into SRLs and dont think it all needs to be tight throughout before its loaded, so all should be ok. I may try to fit a small sacrificial loop in there somewhere first time round; just in case I need to cut it

Thanks again

Mark

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Here's the Marlin spikes I made, nice bit of cherry for one, I think the other is a bit of Sycamore I had lying around. Kinda went overboard a little bit for a couple of sticks.

Attachments

• IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE