Peregrine Falcon Webcam

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I think last year the Norwich pair had three chicks but one didn't make it.

Could be twins at least!

3 is tough going to feed, even in a city. Was it the Derby pair had 4 last year ??? Hope they mange a replacement pair to get through to autumn though, then see what happens over winter.

Must get over to Symonds Yat and find out how the lassie there is doing with her man. They did good last year as I recall, sat under their cliff watching them while I had me lunch on one walk. The 2 kids were screaming the place down while Mum and Dad were off having "quiet time" :D

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
What's it doing right now? Sleeping? Or is it a dead pigeon I'm looking at?

EDIT wait he got up. Beautiful bird!

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
So it's always the ''she'' who lying on the egg then? I hope dad brings in some food that would be fun to see:)

Elen Sentier

So it's always the ''she'' who lying on the egg then? I hope dad brings in some food that would be fun to see:)

Not quite always, I think, but if you see them together it's quite obvious who's who, and I think she's usually the one who sits. She's asleep now, but there's a damned light on (for the camera) so the poor bird gets no darkness cycle - I don't like that. Her head is well under her wing but even asleep she will be aware of the light.

Elen Sentier

Sounds very windy up there and her feathers are constantly ruffled! She's looking about and above her a lot, maybe he'll come feed her again soon ... and I wonder if there's another egg yet? Brooding begins once the clutch is complete so all the chicks hatch the same day. And Neils, I checked, the females incubate the eggs for 29-32 days, and after they hatch, the male provides most of the food. So at this rate we can expect chicks around 20-23 April if she finsishes the clutch today.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Three eggs in time for Easter; nice work Mr and Mrs Falcon.

It must get a bit boring sitting up there staring at the gravel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE